Wax Melts Burner Usage
How to get the most from your wax melt burner
- Make sure your wax melt burner is on a level, heat proof surface and away from other heat sources and flammable items, draughts, vents and ceiling fans. Always keep burning candles and lit wax melt burners out of the reach of children and pets.
- Don’t put your lit / switched on wax melt burner under shelves; not only are you stifling the fragrance but the heat produced can cause damage. Make sure there’s at least one meter between your wax burner and any surface above it, and plenty of space around the burner to allow air flow.
- Keep the bowl free of impurities and any flammable materials.
- Only use wax melts in wax melt burners. Place your wax melt in the bowl of a suitable wax melt burner making sure to not overfill or underfill it. There should be enough wax to cover the base of the bowl.
- Only use 1x 4 hour unscented tealight in your wax melt burner at any time.
- If there seems to be lots of noticeable vapour then just add some more wax (of the same fragrance only) to the bowl.
- Never touch or move a candle or wax melt burner when the wax is liquid and / or the tealight is lit.
- Never leave a burning candle or lit wax melt burner unattended and never go to sleep with it still burning.
- When cleaning the burner between fragrances, make sure it is completely dry before using another wax melt. The slightest damp could cause the molten wax melt to spit - remember oil and water don't mix.
- Do not pour hot wax down the sink. Wax melts should be disposed of to an approved disposal site in accordance with local regulations.